RULES AND REGULATIONS 2013
- The Hastings Highlands Hilly Hundred shares road ways (roads are not closed for this event) with all motor vehicle traffic and pedestrians.
- All Hilly Hundred participants must ad-hear to the Motor Vehicle Traffic Act.This includes posted signs and speed limits.
- Ride on the right hand side of the road as much as possible to allow other vehicles to pass.
- Hilly Hundred Tour Participants do not have the right of way at intersections and should not assume that they do anywhere on the course. Stop signs mean stop.
- Additional signage will be erected on the course by Hilly Hundred Volunteers to assist with rider navigation and safety. We urge you to be aware of such signage and respect all cautions and warnings where posted.(This will be demonstrated at the pre ride meeting)
- Please obey all course marshals they are there for your safety and assistance.
- All Hilly Hundred Tour participants must wear (on your head) an approved cycling helmet or you will be disqualified from the event.
- All Hill Hundred participants must complete the Ontario Cycling Association Event Waiver prior to participating in The Hilly 100.
- All Participants in the Hilly 100 must display a bicycle number plate at all times during the event.
- All number plates must be recorded (marked) at every checkpoint or you will be disqualified.
- Only pass, overtake other riders where it is safe to do so. Descending terrain is not a safe option to pass
- Do not (half wheel) overlap the rider's rear wheel with your front wheel. This often results in a crash.
- The Hilly 100 is a Tour not a race. Ride accordingly. Some participants have little or no race experience. Be considerate of others.